Wednesday, January 13, 2010

homemade :: holiday gifts

first of all i need to apologize for the blurry first photo. i forgot to take final photos of this gift until after i gave them. i had to take photos in the evening at my mom's house.....

my first cross stitch design

this was my first official cross stitch design that i've ever done from scratch. i've done small cross stitch projects in the past from patterns, but had never designed one myself.

my first cross stitch design

it all started when i saw the quote: "home is where my mom is" somewhere on the interweb. i knew i wanted to do something with it, and finally decided on cross stitch. i made one for both my mom and my mother-in-law.

my first cross stitch design

i was surprisingly able to create these with mostly thrifted materials. the hoops were all thrifted, some of the thread, and even the aida cloth. i bought maybe 2 or 3 skeens of thread retail.

my first cross stitch design

5 comments:

tara - scoutie girl said...

oh lori! it's beautiful! so clever and lovely - i hope you gave yourself a big ol' pat on the back!

libbydibby said...

Really cute!

Cassie said...

LOVE the design and colors! :)

Hannah Chandler. said...

love love love. you did a fantastic job.

sarah said...

so cute Lori, my mom's birthday is coming up...i think you need to sell a few on etsy :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin